The Student News Site of St. John Fisher University

Courier Goodbye from Adelisa Badzic

Staff Writer Adelisa Badzic
Staff Writer Adelisa Badzic

After 3 years, it is officially time for me to part ways with the Cardinal Courier, as I am graduating this December and moving on to my next adventure in life. This is a look back at my journey and how thankful I am for the experiences I have encountered. 

I am super thankful for the experience and opportunity the Courier has given me, and the advisors I was lucky enough to have throughout my college experience – Jeremy Sarachan, Olivia Lopez, Chelsea Marshall, Khari Demos, and Dr. Marlowe Washington. 

Each of these people fit into a puzzle that made me the person, and the writer/journalist I am today. 

I have been involved on campus with HEOP, SGA, being an Orientation Leader, writing for the Courier, and anchoring for Cardinal TV.

After graduation, I will be staying in Rochester and I have accepted a full-time position at a local channel, News 8 CBS, as a reporter and producer. I am super thankful for the opportunities that have taken me to this point, to be fresh out of college and going on the screen already. 

My advice for underclassmen is to take advantage of any opportunity you may have, regardless if you are scared of it. You will not regret gaining more knowledge and figuring yourself out as you go through it. You learn what you like and what you don’t, and that is the most important part of growth.

Thank you Fisher, and thank you to everyone who has believed in me and helped make this possible.

Staff Writer Adelisa Badzic, is out. 

For a list of Adelisa’s articles including her very first article at Fisher, visit here.